Dec 01. 2022, 09:30 — 10:30
In the history of mathematical study in pattern formation, the effect of domain has been considered an important factor that can regulate spatial patterning. However, how the shape of domains, such as nucleus and cell shape, directly control cell fate is still unknown in biology. In this talk, I will present studies of spatial reorganization of chromatin [1,2] and cellular dynamics[3-10] to show that domains play an important role in determining cellular function via pattern formation.
- S. Seirin-Lee*, Fumitaka Osakada, Junichi Takeda, Satoshi Tashiro, Ryo Kobayashi, Takashi Yamamoto, Hiroshi Ochiai*(*Equal contribution), Role of dynamic nuclear deformation on genomic architecture reorganization. PLOS Computational Biology (2019) 15 (8): e1007289
- S. Seirin Lee*, S. Tashiro, A. Awazu, R. Kobayashi, A New Application of the Phase-field Method for Understanding the Reorganization Mechanisms of Nuclear Architecture. Journal of Mathematical Biology 74 (2017) 333-354.
- Y. Morita, S. Seirin-Lee*(Equal contribution), Long time behaviour and stable pattern in the systems of cell polarity model. Journal of Mathematical Biology (2021)82:66
- S. Seirin-Lee*, The role of cytoplasmic MEX-5/6 polarity in asymmetric cell division. Bulletin of Mathematical Biology. (2021) 83:29
- S. Seirin-Lee*, E.A. Gaffney, A. Dawes*, CDC-42 interactions with Par proteins are critical for proper patterning in polarization. Cells (2020), 9(9), 2036.
- S. Seirin-Lee*, From a Cell to Cells in Asymmetric Cell Division and Polarity Formation : Shape, Length, and Location of PAR polarity, Development, Growth and Differentiation (2020)62,188-195.
- S. Seirin-Lee*, T.Sukekawa, T. Nakahara, H. Ishii, S-I. Ei, Transitions to slow or fast diffusions provide a general property for in-phase or anti-phase polarity in a cell. Journal of Mathematical Biology (2020)80, 1885–1917.
- M. Kuwamura, S. Seirin-Lee, S-I. Ei, Dynamics of localized unimodal patterns in reaction-diffusion systems related to cell polarization by extracellular signaling. SIAM J. on Applied Mathematics (2018)78, No6, 3238-3257.
- S. Seirin Lee*, Positioning of polarity formation by extracellular signal during asymmetric cell division. Journal of Theoretical Biology (2016) 400, 52-64.
- S. Seirin Lee*, T. Shibata, Self-organisation and advective transport in the cell polarity formation for asymmetric cell division, Journal of Theoretical Biology 382(2015)1-14.