The Programme will focus mainly on the following aspects of the theory:
- Asymptotic behavior of waves on Lorentzian spacetimes and related resolvent estimates
- Scattering Theory, Resonances and Semi-classical Analysis
- Distinguished parametrices and Hadamard states in connection with Quantum Field Theory
- July 9, 2015, 11:00: Valter Moretti (U of Trento) "Local Hawking Radiation" (Flyer)
- July 10, 2015, 11:00: Christian Bär (U Potsdam) "Index Theory for for Lorentzian manifolds" (Flyer)
- July 14, 2015, 11:00: Jeremy Mazuola (U of North Carolina) "Waves on surfaces with conical singularities" (Flyer)
- August 6, 2015, 14:00: Alexander Strohmaier (Loughborough U) "The Dirac operator on curved spaces: Index Theorems, Spectral Theory & Gravity" (Flyer) - This is a joint seminar with the Gravitational Physics group.
- August 19, 2015, 14:00: Kiril Datchev (Purdue U) "Exponential Resolvent Estimates and Applications" (Flyer)
- August 20, 2015, 14:00: Luc Nguyen (Oxford U) "Maximal (hyper)surfaces in low dimensions" (Flyer) - This is a joint seminar with the Gravitational Physics group.
- September 1, 2015, 14:00: Steve Zelditch (Northwestern U) "Heat kernel random Kaehler metrics" (Flyer)
- September 2, 2015, 14:00: Vesselin Petkov (U Bordeaux 1) "Location and Weyl formula for the eigenvalues of some non self-adjoint operators" (Flyer)
- September 3, 2015, 14:00: Leondid Parnovski (University College London) "Local Density of States and the spectral function of almost-periodic operators" (Flyer)
- September 15, 2015, 14:00: Bernard Helffer (U Paris Sud): " Semiclassical Analysis for Schrödinger Operators with Magnetic Fields" (Flyer)
The programme contains two workshops:
- Workshop I on "Semi-classical Analysis: Spectral Theory and Resonances"
August 24 - 28, 2015 (Schedule plus Abstracts)
- Workshop II on "Hyperbolic Equations on Spacetimes: Stability, microlocal Analysis and Quantum Field Theory"
September 7 - 11, 2015 (Schedule plus Abstracts)
This event has no subevents associated to it.
There is currently no participant information available for this event.